Reflexology Aftercare Advice
The following advice should be taken following a reflexology treatment:
- No alcohol up to 24 hours
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat a light meal
- Reduce caffeine
- Get plenty of rest
- Good diet
- Reduce smoking
- Listen to your body
What is happening?
- The body is trying to heal itself, i.e. re-balancing – homeostasis.
- Toxins are released from the tissues into the lymphatic and blood circulation.
- Cell renewal is accelerated.
- Pain killing “endorphins” are released in sore areas.
- Toxins are released through other elimination channels – skin, respiration, kidneys and bowels.
Reactions during and after treatment
- During: Sighing, pain on points, tenderness, sweating, stomach gurgling, crying, slight headache, thirsty, reaction in body, wind
- After: Headache, bad breath, thirsty, pass urine more, wind, more bowel movements, tired, emotional, high, aches and pains, runny nose, heavier period, healing crisis
These reactions are normal and show that toxins are being expelled from the body so that it is re-balancing and cleansing itself. If, however, you experience any severe pain or discomfort please seek advice from your GP.
No closer than every 3 days. Once a week / once a month recommended. First day following treatment may feel tired, body eliminating. Second day – feel good, recovering. Third day – earliest you can have treatment again.